Tuesday, May 16, 2006

reflection

have you ever stopped to look back on your life?

i feel so old saying this
but right now i am in a season where god is revealing to me how far i have come since i started coming to church

it has been less than a year and already i have been on such a journey of personal growth
i have changed so much in many areas but there is still so much to go .

God is now trying to work on an area that is soooo painful, and i have been resisting and ignoring him for too long now

how many times in life do people hold back because of fear or because they have been hurt
more than you think.

I do all the time.
But i try to remember that anything worth doing is worth doing right .......
if it means working through hurt , pain and discomfort .....
well then i have to do what my dad always said to me

" suck it up katrina, and don't let anyone know you hurt.... never cry because they don't care"

by the way that is sooo not true
i have been told all my life that no-one cares.....
i have learnt.
God cares and he only wants to work through the pain so that i can finally move on ....
and grow into the woman of god he sees me as.....
not as what people have told me i am like....
he wants me to grow not shrink

and i will have to learn to let go and let god have his way....
and when it hurts
cry out to him.....
keep standing through the storm and praising him
and to hold on to the ones that i love for comfort and support
because god has put friends around me to support and love me so i can grow into all he has for me .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, thats really gd. yeh it hurts but i guess some times we just have to swallow our pride and let loose. it is hard, but you can get through it... I believe in u Kat,
just remember philippians 4:13, i can do all things through christ who strengthens me! and to praise God with all your heart, even when u dont want to... anyway, luv ya, mwa

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»